Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Headlight Unit and Xenon bulb

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th November 2007
The Ships Cat
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Phil, Welcome to the forum. I have had three ballast units for the xenon light go on my previous Laguna , and I have had one bulb go on my present one. Are you sure that it is the bulb that has gone as they are very expensive. The problems used to be with a poor seal around the ballast unit and its bad location , behind the bumper , the connections used to corrode. A word of warning , The xenon lights work on a high voltage I think about 2k to start and about 86 volts when running so make sure the voltage is discharged before working on lights. There is a problem with condensation in the headlights and I think this is mentioned in the user manual. Check to make sure that the rubber bungs that seal the back of the headlight where the bulbs fit are in place. A method of clearing the condensation is to put a cloth over the headlight and turn on your lights. Remember to turn on main beam as they generate heat , the xenons do not generate much heat, if any. I could be worth going and having a word with your local Renault stealer as xenon bulbs should really last the lifetime of the vehicle. I have replaced my main beam with the new Osram NightBreaker bulbs and they give a much better light. Hope this helps
Currently in The Ships Cat's garage:
Skoda Octavia vRS and sometimes a Renault 19 P2 16v Exec

Last edited by The Ships Cat; 18th November 2007 at 08:38 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome