Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - external temperature sensor

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Barkermos, you may not need to remove the mirror depending on how you replace the sensor, but it would make it easier. I wouldn't use anything but your fingers for removing the mirror though... As said before, push the mirror gently into the top left corner, which will (should) give you ample space in the bottom right corner to put you finger in there and gently pull the mirror out. In either case, be careful... once the mirror is slighlty released, don't just pull it out... you want to release it evenly so work you finger round the mirror if you can.

I replaced my sensor... It's only held by one torx screw. The sensor wire goes through with the rest of the mirror wires and would be difficult to replace from the multiplug connection, so I chopped the wires near the mirror and made the connection there... didn't see the point of going through all the hassle. Job's been a good one.
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome