Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - driver door lock

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
door locking

hI nigel

Just received your email , the problems i have found with my renualt mostly lie in the wiring harness where it passes through the door frame , (inside the rubber tubing)where the door is constantly being opened and closed the wiring cracks and in some cases actual break off hence no door lock working on which ever door this happens to . ( dont automatically think its the locks)

I would recommend you strip back the rubber tubing casing as far as you can (actaually remove it temperally) and inspect each wire carfully if cracks are apparent cut out that section and solder in a new section of wire and cover each wire with shink heat wrap tubing , do this to all doors its likely that you'll solve the problem with all your locks . The rear door you need to srtip the vinyle covering between the front and rear door frame its a bit sticky from the glue but let you get to the wiring underneath , if any one lock still doesnt work replace it from the local scrap yard the only other problem i 've had with my locks is some were replaced by precviouse owners I had one that i couldnt lock at all with a key because it was the original , when i brought the the espace it only had the new ignition key , but they would all still lock useing the plip , so off to the scrappy and bought a complete set of locks that all matched, now and all works well using plip or keys to either front doors and rear door . hope this of some help to you all kind regards martin
Currently in mjmpropman's garage:
1994 espace turbo deisel 2.1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome