Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - service warning light

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 7th August 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by jmac110

I had my Laguna Sport Tourer serviced about 2000 miles ago

The service light has come back on and the dealer tells me that I will have to spend approx 55pounds plus vat for him to diagnose the problem

It does not need oil

Any advice

I think that with only 2000 miles since the service, you should suggest to the dealer that it would be a nice gesture, and we restore customer confidence, if he could get someone to take a quick look at your car for free. Literally two minutes will do it - that's how long it takes to pull out the ashtray, plug in the diagnostics computer, and read the codes (and reset them). It is quite possible there is nothing wrong - once the service light comes on (I presume you mean that it says STOP, rather than the little amber warning symbol in the centre of the display), it will not reset itself, even if the fault clears. This happened to me a couple of times, and the local garage cleared the codes free of charge! 2nd time, the guy let me do it myself! and I mean literally it is a two minute job.

I was interested that you mentioned oil - I always get oil warnings if I park on a slope (e.g. wheels up on a high kerb etc.), and again, even though the fault clears within a few minutes of running the engine, the indication of the fault will not clear until you stop and restart the engine.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome