Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Xenon

Thread: Xenon
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 21st November 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by John J View Post
In my experience the new Espace self levelling is unreliable - I'm guessing the Lag. is probably the same. Fixed and correctly adjusted lights would be preferable & more accurate in my opinion. I guess the problem is due to the normal poor quality automotive connectors. They are not exactly gold plated contacts!

I always check the lights against the garage when I pull up and occasionally find one or other light is incorrectly adjusted. A quick wiggle (technical term!) at the back of the lighting unit corrects the problem.

The dealership couldn't find a problem when I pointed it out when the car was just within warrenty & I'm dammed if they will find one after ay my vast expense!

ps I have Xennons fitted to my Calibra & have never had a problem with MoT. They are fantastic. I wouldn't be without them. If being safer makes them illegal then so be it!
John J,

Just out of interest what alerts you that the lights are not adjusted correctly - is it one is lower than the other. Also is it easy to get at the connectors - do you have to remove any plastic cover.

I ask this as occasionally I get an auto headlight fault message and wonder if it is a loose connection. When I get this message the lights appear to be working OK - can't be 100% about the adjustment though.

Any pointers appreciated

Currently in ns.thomson's garage:
Rover in Garage, Grande Espace 2.2 Initiale on Drive
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome