Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Immobiliser issue after battery change

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st November 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Immobiliser issue after battery change

Hi folks

Newbie here!

I have a 96 1.8 16V. It has been stood for a while as it is only used for track use. The old car battery was totally dead and would not charge so I bought a new battery for it.

The remote will now operate the central locking and the key will turn to the engine start position but the engine will not start. There is a brief whining noise for a second or 2 then quiet. I only have one key for it!!

The engine immobiliser icon flashes on initially switch on for about half a second then stays on solid regardless of what I do.

i'm pretty sure that the immobiliser has taken offence to the battery being disconnected. there are no water leaks as the car has been dry stored ina garage for the last 7 months.

I would really appreciate any top tips or tricks you may have as I have now sold the car and the bloke comes to pick it up tomorrow

thanks folks!

5 Lastest Threads by spwriel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Immobiliser issue after battery change Electronics spwriel 2 940 21st November 2007 07:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome