Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
I'm not sure I should be saying this,but it has cost me very little so far......and if that isn't tempting fate I don't know what is!.

I can't think of anything that has cost me money that wasn't a wear and tear item.I bought the car in March this year(I think) for 1300,replaced the front tyres as the car had remoulds fitted to it(205/55VR16 Avon Milleniums,25 each trade),and replaced the front discs and pads as the previous owner had put new pads on it but the discs were warped(around 100 trade).Apart from that it's had the odd bulb,an oil and filter change,pollen filter change,a bolt in the seat base replaced,and one pencil coil and a set of plugs.I also had the aircon professionally re-gassed for 25.

I don't think that thats bad for a car thats done 130k.:.It's due a cambelt next year,and the exhaust is getting a bit weak in a few places,and the radiator has a tiny weap from it which is bound to get worse,but all in all I am very,very pleased with it.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome