Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Parking Brake

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace Parking Brake

This morning my espace displayed an error message on the dashboard. A beep and a parking brake fault message appeared along with a red stop flashing light. The brake engages and dis-engages as it should do, both manually and automatically.

I decided to drive to my destination, about 6 miles, 2 miles into the journey another warning light came on relating to low battery. I need to investigate the fault, and the obvious question I need help with is.

As the parking brake appears to be working just fine, could the low charge in the battery be the cause of the error message? I will charge the battery tomorrow, the car has done lots of short journeys with lights and heater on, so I am not surprised it is running a little low etc

Would this cause an error with the brake if the battery is running low? or could it be something more sinister?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Currently in tomandroz's garage:
espace 1.9 dci
  5 Lastest Threads by tomandroz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace Parking Brake Brakes/Hubs tomandroz 3 469 5th December 2015 10:08 PM
Another Newbie - Scotland Welcome to RenaultForums funkoval 9 462 1st December 2015 06:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome