Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help! Warranty/Repair Issue with Scenic

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Help! Warranty/Repair Issue with Scenic

I have Renault Megan Scenic 1.5dci Dynamique. About 2 months ago, the car started to give problems starting and a couple of days later it wouldn't start.

The Renault Dealer fixed it and last week the same thing happened...

The AA came and spent some time with the car and said there was a problem with the glow plugs or ECU unit. The car was towed to the dealer and when I called them up on Saturday I was told that the battery was dead so they had to charge it up. Later on in the afternoon, I called them again and was told that the computer came up with a lot of faults so they would have to get down an Renault Technical Expert to look at it.

On Monday I called them again and they said 2 RTEs were looking at it and they didn't know yet the problem.

On Tuesday when I called, I was told that the car (which is just over a year old and done 8500 miles) was empty of oil and that there was no obvious leak. So they would have to open up the cylinder heads to see if there was a defect inside. They needed me to authorise them to do this work as if they did not find any defect that could be a manufacturing problem, then I would be charged for this.

I refused to authorise this as I cannot understand how the oil can just disappear without the oil warning light appearing and considering I had checked the oil level and the begining of Jan.

They then said they wouldn't do any further work until I agreed. I contacted another part of Renault who I am leasing the car from and they were basically not interested. I asked what would happen if i didn't authorise the work, I was told that they wouldn't take the car back at the end of the lease period (end of this month).

I then contacted Renault UK Customer service, who said that I would have to authorise the work and if a defect was found, then I wouldn't have to pay for it. I told her that there is already a defect... the defect is all the oil disappeared and no oil warning light came on. I also asked why it took the dealer 3 days and 2 RTEs to work out this when initially the computer was throwing up so many faults.

I am now stuck with no car, no courtesy car, paying for the lease and no idea what to do next.

I would like to make a complaint to Renault and take legal advice but I wondered if maybe I am in the wrong here and I do have to pay so just wanted an outsider's opinion.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice and opinions.
  5 Lastest Threads by dilly
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help! Warranty/Repair Issue with Scenic Cars & motoring dilly 6 1258 17th February 2006 07:00 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome