Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - V6 Autobox Problems

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Benny
Hang on a minute!

Before we go spending huge chunks of cash with your local dealership, there's something you can try.

The Laguna ECU is a learning computer (much like Arnie), and I experienced the exact same thing with my auto 'box (Aisin Warner SU1-002).

The gearbox uses some weird compter trickery to "guess" what you're doing, and if you've been driving enthusiastically, it does behave holds gears for longer when accelerating, and it did drop down through the gears when you're braking to help you slow down...if you're driving normally, it just changes up and down as normal.

Mine did this for the entire three years that I had the car (including the "jolt" when changing from 2nd to 1st when cold), and never had any problems - I think this is just the way the gearbox works. You can try unhooking the battery for half an hour to "reset" the ECU to factory default, which I believe resets the gearbox too.

I never used to worry about it - didn't break in the three years I had the car.

Currently in Benny's garage:
His other half up the wall
The Following User Says Thank You to Benny For This Useful Post:
finnkolling (18th February 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome