Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - AA breakdown repair cover - thoroughly recommended

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2015 Thread Starter
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
AA breakdown repair cover - thoroughly recommended

I've had this for a few years now, and can trully put my hand on my heart and say it's worth every penny.

It's covered me for head gasket repairs, ecu module repairs and most recently (last week), an alternator for the Vaneo.

In all instances the repairs have come close to the 500 claim limit, but have left me only facing the excess of 35.

It costs ,e 40 per month, but that provides the same repair cover per claim for my van, bike and both cars, plus I have home start, recovery & relay cover thrown in for us also (even when travelling as a passenger).

The alternator was found to have failed on the Vaneo on Friday, diagnosed by the patrol, driven to my local garage, and authorisation for a brand-new (not reconditioned) alternator was given that same day.

Total repair cost would be 465 (due to the sandwich-floor layout) adding to the labour - cost to me - 35.

Also had a new battery fitted to the van this year, which would've been 150 - again, 35.

I can't recommend this enough, especially if you have more than one vehicle.

It would've been a sore bill just before Chrimbo.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VelSatisfied For This Useful Post:
Meganeman (8th December 2015), stuart j (7th December 2015)
  5 Lastest Threads by VelSatisfied
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grasping the nettle (at last) Bodywork VelSatisfied 12 413 15th July 2016 12:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome