Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - i wanna buy a laguna I

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Ignition Coils are a common failure,but aren't difficult to change DIY.Power steering pipe leaks can be common,and depending on which pipe goes it can be either expensive or cheap to fix.The plastic lenses on the headlights can de-grade and cause beam pattern problems for the MOT.Gearbox oil leaks can also be a problem,and this can lead to premature gearbox failure.Other smaller niggles can include heater fans not working,corroded fuel tank straps(although the later ones had thicker ones fitted) and general odd electrical faults caused by corroded connections.

All of that sounds bad I know,but really the Lag 1 is a great second hand purchase,with good second hand parts easy to find,and they are certaintly no worse cars than a comparable Mondeo/Vectra/406.I am on my second Lag 1(first one a 1999 1.9 dTi hatchback) and have been very happy with both of them.

One thing though,if my 1.8 16 valve is anything to go by,the 1.6 will be pretty under powered.......

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome