Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hard pedal, ESP Light after turbo change

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hard pedal, ESP Light after turbo change

Espace 1.9 dCi 53 plate

I had my turbo changed as it was leaking oil externally. The only other issue I had with car prior was the service and handbrake light. electronic Hand brake seemed to work fine tho.

I bought a new turbo cartridge but the turbo housing was damaged as well so I got a 2nd hand faulty turbo for the housing, my local garage changed it for me.

When I got it back the esp light and the heart beat light (not sure what its called/for) came on not long after. it then went into limp mode and would not drive faster than 12mph in 1st and a speedy 32mph in 6th.

When it was getting driven onto the tow truck the guy said it felt like it had no brakes and would not hold on the incline so had to drag it up instead.

Went to garage who cleared the ESP issue including parking brake and service light but it came back next day when he went to check it. cleared it again drove it home, but brake issue was still there.

car would brake but did not have stopping power, car travelled a lot with brakes fully down as if it had no bite.

Went to take it to garage this morning after being sat for 2 days and boom esp light back on and limp mode. parking brake would not automatically disengage, disengaged when I used switch. Drove the 3 miles to the garage in limp mode.

Any ideas of what issue could be? Could an issue with the turbo cause the esp light.

I know the brakes could be due to a vacuum leak from the replaced turbo but could that cause the ESP / Limp issue?
Currently in Henhead's garage:
53 Espace IV
  5 Lastest Threads by Henhead
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Still major issues with brakes Brakes/Hubs Dancingdad 1 201 24th March 2016 04:20 PM
Better brakes after drying out ecu Brakes/Hubs Henhead 3 536 20th December 2015 06:41 PM
wet ecu - Faults Electronics Mike H025 11 748 17th December 2015 01:06 PM
Hard pedal, ESP Light after turbo change Brakes/Hubs mord 3 331 8th December 2015 05:04 PM
New turbo now ECU fault!!!!!! Electronics Meganeman 4 363 19th November 2015 04:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome