Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Really need advice. Please.

View Single Post
post #97 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2015
Nominated 8 Times in 8 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Thanked 1,352 Times in 963 Posts
Re: Really need advice. Please.

Originally Posted by ours2012 View Post
Listen to yourself here ,thats 18 how many in a bag ,they are about 20p for a male and 40p female, then the pipe 12 we have now hit 30 brake fluid A FIVER , This job is going to cost you more than sending it to the garage ,look underneath count how many you need,cost the job up properly ,not what you could use on the next 5 cars you buy,Dont spend any more than needed, 12months down the line them ends will be lost,you will only find them when you dont need them,spend your money wisely on the car,not to store for a later day ,if I was your wife id slap you silly you still need your tyres ,12 will pay for half a set of brake pads or nearly 70% of them
Think half the people on this Forum are probably guilty of rushing in, thinking they can do a job themselves cheaper than a garage can do it.
Give you an example: My Meriva went to the little garage i use for a new starting motor, i got the starter from Euro Car Parts cost 86 & it cost 57 to fit it, so whole job 107 with the 36 surcharge deducted. Now if i'd done the job i'd be 43 down because i'd of taken a day off to do it & getting squashed by the car which would of fallen on me hence i saved my own life by not doing the job.
You make a very good & valid point ours, well done mate.
Currently in chuffer690's garage:
Renault Trafic 2009 Crewcab Quickshift 6 2.0 SL29+ M9R DCI115 - Vauxhall Meriva 2005 1.6 Semi-Auto - Nailgun, Chainsaw, Ban Hammer (cheap copy)
The Following User Says Thank You to chuffer690 For This Useful Post:
Charliehigh2016 (9th December 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome