Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2006 Renault Master Wing Mirror Removal

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2006 Renault Master Wing Mirror Removal

The internet has failed me for the first time, so I'm turning to you for help!

I have just bought a 2006 Master, the left wing mirror was damaged when I got it and had a large hole in it. I've bought replacement plastic coverings for the outside, but the problem is installation. How do I remove just the glass to access the screws to screw the new cover on?

I've seen posts and articles that led me to believe it just popped off when pulled, but I've not been able to just haul the thing out, neither has my boyfriend - the glass just bends and threatens to break.

If anyone knows how to get to the screws to put the new cover on, or has any other methods that don't result in us swearing at it while hanging off the glass as it refuses to move, I would really appreciate it! If I had the spare funds, I'd just break the damn glass and replace that too. That doesn't help if it happens again in future though!

I contacted Renault and Vauxhall, who told me to take it to a dealer. No chance!
Currently in tigereyes86's garage:
2006 Renault Master 2.5l dCi 120
  5 Lastest Threads by tigereyes86
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2006 Renault Master Wing Mirror Removal Bodywork tigereyes86 0 520 9th December 2015 02:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome