Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Washer Pump Fault *FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th November 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault - Scenic II - Washer Pump Fault *FIXED*

After having problems with the washers only working on the rear windscreen when either the front or rear switch was selected I decided after looking at a few articles on here that it mst be the washer pump. I popped down to my local dealer and got a new one from stock at just over 30 incVAT. This solved the problem, so it does seem to be a common problem with these pumps. Mine was approx 4 years old when it failed.

Here is a short HOWTO for changing it:-

*Undo the three bolts holding the under-tray of the front bumper to the chassis (about 400mm back from the front of the car underneath the engine bay.
*Remove the two retaining screws from each wheel arch holding the wheel arch liner onto the bumper and pry out the plastic lug on the liner too
*I also removed the bumper wing nut (hold back the liner and it's straight up 10mm bolt), but I don't think that was required
*Undo the bolts and plastic clips between the headlights along the top of the bumper
*Pull the near-side side of the bumper away from the wing above it, reach in and disconnect the power cable to the fog lights
*Pull the off-side part of the bumper away from the wing above it too
*lift the top of the bumper away from the chassis (it's double skinned, make sure that you get both parts!) and lift the whole bumper off and place somewhere out of the road.
*The water bottle is at the drivers side
*Disconnect the hoses (pour very hot water over them to loosen them) - water will start to flow out of them if there's any left in the bottle.
*Disconnect the power connector to the washer pump
*Pull the pump away from the bottle, it should just come out. *The remainder of the bottle will empty itself on your feet at this point!
*Take the rubber seal, clean it and pop it back into the bottle
*Push the new pump into place carefully and connect the hoses (black hose to black connector and clear hose to white connector) - dip them in very hot water to make it easier
*Plug the power back in, fill the bottle and test.
*Reassemble in reverse of above.

Currently in fjarvis's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic II 1.6 Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by fjarvis
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II - Engine Judder when warm Engines fjarvis 1 1283 16th March 2008 05:02 PM
Scenic II Headlight Problem Electronics Nottnoc 15 21132 31st January 2008 07:30 PM
Renault - Scenic II - Washer Pump Fault *FIXED* Scenic chrislg1972 14 23165 26th November 2007 08:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome