Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - grand scenic handbrake

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
grand scenic handbrake

Hi I have just brought a 2007 grand scenic, 1.6 vvt , I was told the hand brake sometimes worked and sometimes doesn't in the nearly 2 weeks of owning it at hasn't worked, I have had a look and it has been fitted with new rear pad's. I have tried listening for the motor to sound as its operated and cannot hear anything, the dash board is saying there is a handbrake fault and there is a small service light and triangle warning light on the dash(unsure what that means), I have plugged it in to my diagnostic computer and it brings up fault codes DF043 parking brake motor internal electronic fault and DF046 brake cables/motor link park brake unlocked by emergency. has anybody else had this problem and is it easy enough to sort or is it a new motor job, I have looked at getting a second hand unit but cannot find one that has a matching part number and I am unsure if they can be reprogrammed. any help greatly appreciated

Thank you Dave
Currently in dcd1979's garage:
picasso, robin
  5 Lastest Threads by dcd1979
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic wont start Engines ours2012 17 413 2nd October 2016 10:25 PM
grand scenic handbrake Brakes/Hubs mike1967 4 836 11th December 2015 10:15 PM
Espace elec windows Electronics dcd1979 0 407 17th September 2014 07:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome