Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane II - No boot release?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2015
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane II - No boot release?

Originally Posted by BenProgrammer View Post
Hi all,

My boot/tailgate hasn't worked for a few months, decided to eventually get round to fixing it as I need to replace my rear foglight to pass it's mot next week. However, after looking through these forums, it seems there should be a small white catch which should open the boot from inside the car, however it's not present on mine?

Any help would be appreciated, it may just be me being an idiot. Please see image below for picture of the inside of my boot.

Thanks all.
just had that battle with a 2006 convertible. both the cables that run behind the boot covers were pulled through their outers were ruined. it turned out the hood central hinge and the l bracket that works the fold down shelf had bent and was jamming up the cams so cables would not work backwards and forwards, thus it would seem would not allow the sensor to prevent the boot from opening when it thinks the roof is in mid operation i also had the warning bleep inside car telling me check handbook for roof op. for me the fix has been to drill and tap the L-brackets and fit screw adjusters with locking nuts on them,.. it would seem over time this L-bracket bends as it is only 10mm by 10mm,, also the other issue this causes is the roof will touch plastic parcel shelf and destroy it bit time and breaks the hinge plates in the process. i bought this car from someone who did not reliase it was smashing its self up until it had done it, so one second parcel shelf 70 2x cables 25 (100 new) 2x alloy hings 20 later got it working again. all this started with boot not opening, just a word of warning if boot is playing up be careful its not this issue with roof linked to it..
Currently in mike1967's garage:
buy repair renaults
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome