Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - grand scenic handbrake

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2015
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: grand scenic handbrake

Originally Posted by dcd1979 View Post
Hi I have just brought a 2007 grand scenic, 1.6 vvt , I was told the hand brake sometimes worked and sometimes doesn't in the nearly 2 weeks of owning it at hasn't worked, I have had a look and it has been fitted with new rear pad's. I have tried listening for the motor to sound as its operated and cannot hear anything, the dash board is saying there is a handbrake fault and there is a small service light and triangle warning light on the dash(unsure what that means), I have plugged it in to my diagnostic computer and it brings up fault codes DF043 parking brake motor internal electronic fault and DF046 brake cables/motor link park brake unlocked by emergency. has anybody else had this problem and is it easy enough to sort or is it a new motor job, I have looked at getting a second hand unit but cannot find one that has a matching part number and I am unsure if they can be reprogrammed. any help greatly appreciated

Thank you Dave
electronic handbrake hmmm ot so good. done a few of these now, you will prob find that either or both the motor or motor plastic gearbox has destroyed its self, or if very luck the cables have jammed up with rust and road dirt, this box of trick from renault is north of 400 plus the new part must be encoded to the car ecu to run and further 160 from renault. you have a few options what i do is find a secondhand one and open it up and open up your old unit remove the printed circuit parts of it ie electrics and swap them over that will fool you ecu that its still same handbrake box,,, or the more permanent way is on ebay their is a guy who for 150 replaces the inner working and re-encodes a recon unit for you with a up graded motor gearbox , new cables are extra so for 250 he does a total recon unit.
Currently in mike1967's garage:
buy repair renaults
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome