Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Check parking brake

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2015
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Check parking brake

Originally Posted by Solloway 14 View Post
Hello all, had my grand scenic about 6 months now and it has been into the garage 4 times for this light. Even Renault couldn't tell me what's wrong. I have a 61 plate grand scenic 1.5sci and keep getting a "check parking brake " error and the little spanner. Hooked up a friend's code reader and get something about the glow plugs though. Any ideas on this matter?
to code read parking brake on those you will need a state of ark code reader program autocom cdp+ is what i have used for years works very well and will show the proper p-codes and what the issues are, its basically what delphi and bosh use,, my first port of call would be to ensure cables are oiled and completely free you will need to remove the handbrake box and and cables to do this i would also open it up spray some light oil in and around its insides... lack use the corrode and jam up, also ensure brake calipers are free as well. there is a company on ebay that do recon and repair those handbrake boxs, renault want in excess of 400 plus fitting and re-encoding where ebay guy 250 for completely recon'd units. renault have got very complicated and encode everything they can,, but that autocom cdp+ encodes everything i have put on it so far including these very badly designed handbrakes
Currently in mike1967's garage:
buy repair renaults
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome