Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Engines - Megane oil light

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The latest in this saga is that my workshop are now sure there's nothing wrong with the oil pressure, nor with the pressure switch. So I'm driving it again, although I guess one day that oil light might be for real and I won't know it....

They also tried dis-/re-connecting the oil level switch in case that was it. And between the workshop and myself we have also now pulled and cleaned and WD40'd all accessible electrical connectors and fuses. And checked the fluid levels etc that drive all the other warning lights. But the Oil and Stop light is STILL flickering when I accelerate moderately hard from standstill! It's not an engine speed flicker - it's slower and more erratic than that, and worse on right handers or pointing uphill, just as if a wire somewhere is flapping about. But I can't find it.

Any bright ideas anyone? I did wonder if it could be an earthing fault somewhere, for instance?

Or could it be the ECU ? As it happens my bike has a Sagem ECU which is reprogrammable (so I'm on the race tune!) - and sometimes that tune is known to become corrupted, leading to all sorts of weird symptoms, but just requiring a reload. Could that happen to the Megane? Might reloading the tune sort it?
Currently in Greenmanalishi's garage:
2000 Megane Sport Alize 1600 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome