Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Kangoo - Central Locking Fix Advice

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 28th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi there, the reason the drivers door locking isnt working is that the wires in your door hinge (black tube) are broken, this tube just pulls off. pulled off the multiplug to gain better access, if you havnt got electric windows then this fix will be easy...
there will only be two wires either solder the offending wires (and insulate with heat shrink tubing) or lengthen the wires (which i did to releive the strain) and your drivers lock should then work.
as for the key spinning in the lock, push it in harder, and check (by where the door catch is) that all 3 bolts are secure, as if they are loose then the lock mechanism moves which inturn lets your key Not engage properly, thus causing it to spin.
NOW CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY CENTRAL LOCKING, AS after i did these fixes , a few days later, the key fobs stopped activating the doors (central button works) tried the above, im now off to torch the damm thing
Currently in yogi972's garage:
kangoo van
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome