Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

View Single Post
post #64 of (permalink) Old 15th December 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

Hi all.

I had the same problem and decided as I could still hear the motor when I pressed the buttons but got no movement (and my window kept falling in to the door!) that it was probably the clip too. I ordered a pair online for about 4 quid.

I opened up the door by unscrewing the torx screw in the door handle, the 2 at the bottom of the door panel and by removing first the plastic in the small handle/pocket in the door which revealed a screw.

I then pried up the handle, door handle and electric window and mirror control.

Then using brute force I pried off the door panel. This revealed a white polystyrene membrane which I cut through and found the dreaded blue clip sitting in the bottom of the door!

I then had to unscrew 3 bolts which hold the window mechanism to the door. this then comes out pretty easily. Then I used this video to replace the clip and reattach the wires to the motor. It's all pretty self explanatory;

I'm an 8(ish) stone woman who has never attempted anything like this before (apart from replacing a headlight in the Modus which is a whole other story!!) and it wasn't overly physical or difficult. Took me about 4 hours start to finish but it would only take me an hour if I had to do it again I imagine.

Hope this helps someone!
Currently in andrealemon's garage:
2005 Renault Modus 1.5 dci

Last edited by HeatherJ; 15th December 2015 at 05:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrealemon For This Useful Post:
HeatherJ (15th December 2015), ours2012 (15th December 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome