Join Date: Jul 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: I just got a 2006 Grand Scenic
Just a bit of a progress update, I fixed the radio reception issue and the steering column control issue by replacing the incorrect wiring harness that the previous owner installed.
The blower resistor replacement involved taking half the front of the car off but I'm taking my time to fix everything else while I'm at it like blown console lights.
Headlights and sidelights seem to blow very quickly so I'm probably going to try LED's just because it's so hard to change the damn things.
Arm rest closing was solved by simply bending up the metal retainers however I feel that this may be a regular job.
I also managed to eat a set of tyres in about 4000 miles
so tracking has been sorted too!
- NSR door doesn't open from the inside - brings up service light
- Secondary 12v socket in armrest not working
- Glove box is miss aligned
- Height lever on driver seat broken
- Trim on rear of drivers seat broken (I think)
- Trim in boot damaged.
- Cracked fog light
- Scratched windscreen
- Broken intermittent windscreen wipers
No light in arm rest compartment
No light in glove box
Panoramic sunroof control fascia broken
Main 12v socket not working
Poor radio reception
Steering column controls with 3rd party radio
Arm rest compartment doesn't stay shut
- Upgrade - Folding the mirrors automatically on lock
- Upgrade - Split boot
- Upgrade - Climate control
- Upgrade - Automatic windscreen wipers
- Upgrade - Spare wheel
- Upgrade - Extra seats
Currently in TinkerTime's garage:
2006 Renault Grand Scenic 1.5 dCi