Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna - Navteq CD

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 29th November 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Carminatman View Post
Agreed - However, the disc has sat in the SatNAv with no interference from me. I can see there is a circular mark on the disc so would assume dust/particle got in there which has cuased damage and hence made it unusable. If it was my fault I would agree my cost but it's ot.
Firstly I would confirm the diagnosis by getting Renault to check the system with a 'good' disk.

If this is OK then the disk is clearly suspect.

These disks are readable on standard PC drives. Since you own the original I suggest you try to make a backup.

Using abrasive cleaners often helps on disks. If the scratch is circular this can cause the laser to mistrack.

It sound like the scratch must have come from the drive (abuse or neglect would cause random marks). I suggest you make this point.

In any case, these disks are available off e-bay for £50 max.

p.s always make a backup copy of these disks (for your own use). I use a CD-R in my unit with the original kept in a safe place.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome