Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus headlight bulb replacement

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 30th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'm a new boy here and I'm pleased to find that I am not the only one annoyed by the Modus headlight bulb replacement fiasco.

The second bulb blew only this morning on the way too work and I'm pretty hacked off by it really. The first bulb was replaced free of charge by our main dealer after they had quoted me 120.00 + parts to replace it!!! I kicked up a fuss with Renault customer services and they agreed to do it for free as it was under warranty. It is now out of warranty and I doubt I will get the same outcome when I tackle them about it again.

I am very handy wheeling the tools and I could change the bulbs okay I'm sure, but I cannot get my head around how a major car producer can sell a vehicle with such a stupid design fault - we are not talking Lambo or Bristol here!

Isn't it the law in France and most parts of the continent to have to carry spare bulbs in case of failure? Not a lot of good if you can't actually replace it at the roadside!

The manual made me chuckle though as it says something about carrying spare bulbs and then having to contact your dealer to have them replaced.

I feel a letter to Watchdog coming on as they luuuuv Renault

Anyway rant over

Currently in ashman's garage:
1.4 Modus - 1987 VW Transporter (Trev)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome