Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Immobiliser unit, where do I get one of these

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th November 2007 Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 53
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for this mate.

I read that this unit is just an amplifier of the signal from the key fob which doesn't actually do anything else so getting an identical unit would be interchangeable.

Does anyone else know about this unit?

Not meaning to dispute your advice madnoel! but I'm very confused about the many different immobiliser and CL hardware Renault decided to use on their cars.

I'll try to find the link to the post that said that this is interchangeable (although most likely it refers to another type of immobilser unit Renault used).

This is the IR and not the RF type isn't it?

Thanks again mate, very much appreciated

lib319 is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome