Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Immobiliser unit, where do I get one of these

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 30th November 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
OK here it is; from ChrisG_uk

".....and eventually the infra-red receiver in the roof panel stopped working, stranding my wife at work. I managed to recover the car by drying out the infra-red unit and cleaning up its multi-plug contacts, which just about got it going but it would only work if you held the key an inch or two away from it. After some research, I replaced the receiver and now the system works like new. It turns out to be a dead simple job - just pull out the receiver from the roof housing, disconnect the multiplug, clip the new one in and that's it. The Renault part number is 77 00 835 095 and the official part name is "Eye Receiver". I assume that is an error and it was meant to be “IR Receiver”. I get some discount on parts but it seems the retail price for this part is about £38. Anyway the remote locking system now works like new. There was no need to resync the plips or reprogram anything. Looking at the circuit board in the IR Receiver, it is a simple device with no intelligence or memory and does nothing more than amplify and relay the code received from the plip to the injection computer. It is not coded to the car in any way; you just buy a new one off the shelf and plug it in."

I was hoping my unit was the same and therefore interchangeable

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome