Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Avantime Rust

Thread: Avantime Rust
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Mark,

Welcome to another man of excellent taste!

On that basis, they could describe all Avantime body panels as "trim" as they all glue, screw or otherwise attach to the steel sub-assembly! The silver sections are aluminium and this is how alu oxidisation shows up. I had a similar problem on the front window pillars on a Merc Coupe I used to have. They told me then that was trim and demonstrated by unclipping it! Couldn't argue on that occasion, as the rest of the body was clearly structural.

I too have a tiny bit of bubbling but on the larger quarter panel behind the n/s rear side window. However, I certainly view the rear quarter panels as bodywork and shall be speaking to Renault about that particular matter.

Given the unusual structure of the Avantime, I suggest that you press the point again and, if necessary go direct to Renault. I don't see anything in the anti-corrosion warranty that specifically excludes this and I believe their interpretation is at best arbitrary.

As for the judder - join the club. Seems to be a common thing, but we've not yet worked out quite what it is. Interesting that you don't get it when the car's warmed up. Must check that out myself.

Let us know how you get on.

Currently in SykeStudiO's garage:
Renault Avantime Privilege V6 Auto -- Jaguar XJR V8 S/charged -- Honda Civic Type-R -- Honda Beat
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome