Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - V6 Autobox Problems

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Couple of things. My LII initial V6 has the pro-active while in auto. It tends to see that you want to drive in mega sports mode, and learns that is what you want to do. It keeps the revs higher than 4000 and changes around 5500. (I think this is the power band for the 210 bhp). Giving you max fuel dump, I mean power. I notice that after about 10 secs of normal driving, the gear box then detects that you have finished burning and changes down to the most eco gear, slowly about, 4 sec between gears . Again on mine I have never noticed any lurching, apart from the one time the ECU went. Before and after I had smooth changes, except when breaking really hard, whilst it was in sport mode, I suppose because it is still in the high revs.

Removing the battery does require some resetting on the initial. The door windows and sunroof anti-pinch will need resetting. Iím not sure of what else.
Currently in NETMAN's garage:
2003 Laguna ST int 3.0 V6 & 2005 Clio Exp DCi (65)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome