Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio - dci - rear brakes binding when washed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio - dci - rear brakes binding when washed

Hi all this is my first post so here we go.

We have a Clio 1.5 dci 100 bhp and it is a cracking little car apart from the blasted rear brakes.
Let me explain the problems.
After the car is washed and put away and you go to get the car out of the garage the brakes are stuck on and clonk as they release when you try to drive off.
They were completely stuck on early in the year as the wheels just slid along the road.
The garage has looked at the rear brakes and has changed the rear calipers as they were ceased up.
And the hand brake constantly groans when applied.
Up to now this is all warranty work but i don't want a large bill each year when the warranty runs out next year.
The garage say the sticking calipers are down to little use but we have never had this before.
We were original told by another dealer to leave the hand brake off and put blocks in front of the tyres or better still run the car round the block after you wash the car!!!.
Any advise would be much appreciated.

Are the joys of motoring.!!
  5 Lastest Threads by 38mike
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio - dci - rear brakes binding when washed Brakes/Hubs Donald 3 1491 1st December 2007 08:05 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome