Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Electronics - Panoramic roof malfunction *Fixed*

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Weeeeeeell.... how long have you got? OK, to cut a long story short, ever since the car was about 6 months old the tailgate would occasionally not 'catch' when closing it. Poking the latch with a small screwdriver sometimes released it, but not always. Sometimes I would just give up and drive off (accompanied by the warning 'bleep' and "boot open" message on the dash, along with fears that the dog/shopping could fall out the back...) and it would usually suddenly lock itself after 5 minutes-or-so driving.

Renault Livingston looked at it several times, and claimed to have changed the lock on more than 1 occasion, (although it didn't look very new to me when it came back...), although it would still continue happenning - not often, sometimes it would be OK for several months and then suddenly start happenning again!

On the last visit one of the mechanics mentioned that they had encountered some problems with the micro-switch (inside the rubber push-button that you press to open the tailgate) and so they had now replaced that as well, and I have to admit that the problem has not recurred since then so maybe that's finally cured it. However, as mentioned above its sometimes OK for a while and then happens again, so there's always that nagging doubt at the back of my mind.....

This is my 3rd Renault, and I have to say that it will be my last. I was happy with my original Clio, and we had over 5 years sterling service from our Mk1 Megane Scenic including several trips to Switzerland (winter and summer), but while I regard the MkII Scenic as being cleverly designed and pleasant (if not exciting) to drive, the myriad of annoying, niggling problems that we have experienced - and the less than impressive service from Renault Livingston, or whatever they are called now - has, I'm afraid, put me off Renaults for life.
Currently in AuldNick's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 petrol; 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster (MX-5)
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldNick For This Useful Post:
pdvl (22nd February 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome