Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Electronic Parts?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace Electronic Parts?

Because there are no Manuals diagrams etc for the Renault Grand Espace year 2000. I would like to know what certain parts are called. I am trying to find out what the black box is called in the passenger side foot well under the carpet that is situated next to the fuse board, i assume is the ECU ? This box holds electronics and is about 8-10 inches long 5-6 inches wide and about an inch thick and has about 7 connectors on the back. I think that this works the interior of the vehicle.
The next box of electronics is situated in the engine bay in front of the battery. and has a large connector that attaches to it. What is this called and what does it do. all i know so far about this box is that it has something to do with the central locking.
Are these two boxes linked in some way?
How does the key work in this vehicle (just turn it i hear you say, ha, ha) I have noticed that there is a coil that surrounds the key barrel is this an immobiliser that has to be compatible with the key electronics.
I have noticed that there are two parts in the key, apart from the battery, the electronics on a green board and a small square chip that is just to the side to the end of the key inside. Does the small square chip have to be compatible with the coil around the key barrel, is this the actual engine immobilising part? I assume that this links/ activates one of the boxes i have mentioned previously.
Can anyone enlighten me.
  5 Lastest Threads by BC312
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace Electronic Parts? Electronics BC312 5 1434 2nd December 2007 04:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome