Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - electrical fault

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2007
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have the same problem!

I am afraid I don't know the solution to this yet. But I will share with you what I know.
I am having exactly the same problem. When I leave it alone for half an hour it goes away! And it doesn't even store a fault code for the technicians to see. Once when I had this problem I called the AA and they connected their computer and found a fault code with the description P0120 'Throttle/pedal position senor switch A circuit'
I took it to the garage(Bridges Renault Maidenhead) but they couldn't find any fault with it so I had to take a day off and drive the car all day to get that problem again. Then I showed it to them and they charged about 300 pounds (43 for looking at it and 263 for 'fixing' it) and told me it was fixed.(they changed the throttle body ) But I had the problem the very next day! So I am going to take it back to them. I will continue to update my story.

So far I have noticed the following things.

It happens after I have driven the car for about at least half an hour on a motorway. But it never happened while I was on a motorway.

It always happens when you are on a low gear (first second or reverse)

If I stop the engine and take the key out and wait about 15 - 30 minutes it goes away. But some times it takes a bit longer for the car to get back to normal.

I will let you know if I find anything more.

And you might be interested in this one as well
This guy has said 3 garages have failed to fix this problem!

We are all in the same boat I think.

Hope we find a solution to this soon!
Currently in samsam's garage:
Y reg Renault Laguna expression

Last edited by samsam; 2nd December 2007 at 10:13 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome