Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2007
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
That's great news!

Hi trevstamf!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I have the same problem and Renault ######### have already replaced the throttle body !(263 pounds)

As I have Parts and Labor cover from AA I only had to pay 25 pounds for this. But I had to pay 43 pounds for their (mis)diagnosis and another 57 pounds for the hire car while they spent an eternity keeping my car at their garage!

It is amazing how clueless these dealers are!! If I hadn't checked the Internet they would have replaced every part they can think of without fixing this problem!

Now I will print this thread out and show it to them(Renault #########) and ask them to fix this!

I feel I should warn AA about this problem as well because they can pass this information on to the garages next time when they see this in a break down situation so their insurgence department doesn't have to pay stupid dealers who just replace expensive parts trying to solve this problem!

I am sure my problem is the same and I have finally found the solution! Thank you so much!
Currently in samsam's garage:
Y reg Renault Laguna expression

Last edited by Lagdti; 3rd December 2007 at 09:47 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome