Join Date: Dec 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Scenic III (2010) replacement of rear pads
I do not usually post in forums. But this rear brake pad replacement is much a do about nothing.... once you know what you need to do.
This is a short detailed step by step guide to replace the pads without any sophisticated equipment or renault clips or cam bus modules.
- park car on a level surface and chock the wheels properly so as it does not move forward or backward.
- shut down the engine
- engage 1st or reverse gear
-release the park brake
- jack the car and remove the wheel.
- at the lower back side of the caliper there is an electrical connector, slide the red cover back gently with a wide screw driver push in the little tongue and remove connector gently( be careful because it tends to be a bit jammed. do not yank it off because it will brake the motor housing) - notice that there is a red & a red / blue wire in the connector take note which goes where( you will need to remember for the next stage)
- connect two suitable connectors( Spades) with a long enough wire to be able to connect to a 12 v battery. - when you inverse connect them the brake will apply and after a second or so the motor will stop working.
- connect the polarities in the proper order and the motor will start whizzing continuously for about 10 to 20 seconds. when it starts making a different noise STOP.
-Now back at the caliper lever it open as much as it will go, and replace the pads as you will normally do.
-repeat for the other side.
Currently in oopsinsejt's garage: