Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Steering wheel juddering and pulling to right when braking

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Steering wheel juddering and pulling to right when braking

Originally Posted by KellyWellyWoo View Post
Hi all,

In a bit of a panic here! My Renault Clio 2009 was juddering at high speeds with some steering wheel shaking. I drive home (300 miles) on Thursday so got new tyres and the balancing/ tracking done today which has solved the juddering at high speed situation.

However, the steering still feels lose and the wheels continue to correct themselves slightly. It also feels like somebody is tugging at the wheel when I'm on the motorway.

Also, when braking coming on to a slip road after doing high speeds, the steering wheel judders and the car has a pull to the right.

Any ideas please? I'm going to beg my manager for Thursday off and pray a garage can fit me in/ source parts!

Thank you
Could be a number of things as said above track rod ends, ball joints, bushes etc it could also be the brake discs but probably not.

Just be careful can be quite dodgy
Currently in jamesycanning93's garage:
53 Plate Renault Kangoo 1.5DCI (Ex British Gas) | Old rusty Ford Transit (in the scrap yard)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome