Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1999 RXE Instruments

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1999 RXE Instruments

Hi All, I have a problem with the instruments panel on this car. All the instruments are intermittent and waver about all over the place. Sometimes they are fine and read correctly, other times they all show zero Ie no petrol no temp no tach, no speedo even at 60 mph! If I park up and go back to the car later they will all be absolutlely fine.
I have made some observations that might help you.

1) The voice synthisizer doesn't speak although it mutes the radio ok and shows the message 'speech' I noticed when the car tries to speak to me the instruments went haywire, or that might be coincidence.

2) The trip computer still works and I was watching the average mpg which seemed to be ok but I didn't notice the other computer functions.

3) The auto climate seems unaffected

4) The car runs fine so I suspect that the engine
management computer is also unaffected.

5) The rear electric windows and electric mirrors stopped working a week ago but I havent been able to find any dud fuses anywhere. Front windows are fine. I dont know if this is of any relevance to the original fault.

Sorry its a lot of garble but hopefully someone out there may have seen this before. I suspect a poor earth somewhere, but where?
Currently in Bernard's garage:
V reg Laguna 2.0 16v RXE and very nice too!

Last edited by Bernard; 3rd December 2007 at 10:24 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Bernard
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna Camshaft noises Engines Bernard 2 1204 21st February 2008 12:09 AM
Intermittent Instruments Electronics Laguna_TC 3 1109 10th December 2007 11:03 PM
How do I edit my profile? Feedback & Announcements Bernard 2 822 10th December 2007 10:53 PM
Electric windows Electronics dejan72 1 792 8th December 2007 10:28 PM
1999 RXE Instruments Electronics Bernard 2 823 3rd December 2007 10:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome