Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Doors will not lock! Keycard?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Keycard Repair Man

Lord Arioch / Madnoel10,

now this is spooky - I was just about to post a glowing report about a man I stumbled across on ebay who does keycard repairs - I didnt know where to start so I ran a search on 'keycard', that search brought me to this post. The spookiest part being Madnoel had beaten me to replying by 1 minute and he also recommends the same gent who does the repairs.......

If you visit the link included by Madnoel10 you will see the basic info is there for you to see. What I can do for you is verify that the service he provides is top draw. Dont worry about sending 'Gary' you keycard as he runs a viable business for the many people who have suffered at the hands of the keycard!!!. For 22 he will solder on a new mechanical sensor switch onto your original PCB so now re-coding is reqd. If you are worried about sending him your address or paying him via paypal then he is more than happy to accept cash or a postal order. When you send the keycard to Gary for repair just supply an alternative return address so he doesnt know where you car lives!!! simple.
Both my keycards dimised swiftly, I had the first returned within 2 days (sent on Monday, had it back in my hands by Wednesday) and it now workd perfectly. The second keycard was duly sent and I now have that back in my possession too - all in working order. Its your choice, 22 for a replacement keycard returned within 3-4 days, or pay 150 to your dealer and wait 10 days for the right time slot when both you, the car and the Renault HO are all present to recode a blank key....... I cant recommend this man enough. Great communications too.
Currently in morgo444's garage:
'88 Fiesta mk1, the wife drives my 2001 Laguna tourer 1.8 privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome