Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #98 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The cleaning works - it's dirty not faulty

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
It's not unusual to see a light coat of rust on the flywheel - much beeter than a coat of oil which would be a sign of a leak. Excessive rust could be the result of the engine bay being power washed or steam cleaned sometime in its life.
Thanks that was assuring. I'd never wash my engine before but when it rains it pours over here...

Had the Ignition coil problem before but solved it by just wrapping the affected area with cheap insulaton tape..seems to be work just fine...the tiny hole on the plastic spark plug connector was caused by a water droplet pulling the spark from the end of connector and grounds on the water droplet and the spark punched thru the thin wall of the plastic connector which was the cause of spark leakage which cause severe misfirings and severe loss of power..

TDC sensor and ignition coil - the common inherent probs of all Renault heh,..

The lack of sealing rubber o-ring on the connectors (there are notches for the o ring) enables moisture going into the spark plug chambers/tubes.

The TDC sensor issue was the cause of 2nd gear jerking at low RPM range also which later will lead to more serious prob - hard to start...the jerking's just a minor symptom before it then renders your car lifeless - engine can't be started.

3 days now - it's all fine now by just cleaning the sensor..I doubt the sensor spoilts easily, sooner or later even you'd changed the sensor, it will return to haunt you.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome