Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fecking Fox!!!

Thread: Fecking Fox!!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fecking Fox!!!

I was driving along a country road this morning at 6:30am on the way to work and a fox decided enough was enough for itself and ran across the front of my car! It also chose to do so on a straight part of the road where I was fully up to 60mph!

Anyway damage isn't to bad. The wheel arch liner is broken and the bumper has come away from it's fixings around the drivers side light and front wing. It's still holding on and just looks as if it hasn't been fitted properly. The only split in the bumper is on the lip that tucks around the wheel arch to meet the arch liner. Not noticeable.

I have incurred though so very bad scuffing. It may sound very nasty but the fox must have literally exploded on impact as only bone (not fur) could have caused the scuffs on the bumper. It looks as if I've driven the car along a wall.

Anyway I'm looking at a respray of the front bumper. How much do you think it's gonna set me back in the run up to xmas

For all you animal lovers to please don;t worry. I stopped and checked the fox was dead and not lieing in pain. It was dead and I think it was probably instantanious too. So no suffering. I also felt bad all day.
Currently in Ne1l's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 1.9Dci

Last edited by Ne1l; 4th December 2007 at 07:54 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Ne1l
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna - 1.9DCi Oil Grade Engines coggsy 6 15105 26th January 2008 03:08 PM
Laguna - Oil Leak Engines Nikko1 15 8528 26th January 2008 03:00 PM
Front Bumper Re-spray Bodywork stef123 1 1491 20th January 2008 02:40 PM
Single DIN to Double DIN Interiors Horatio 3 2947 9th January 2008 08:07 PM
Recommend me some bulbs Electronics jack daniels 10 2229 28th December 2007 03:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome