Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Scenic

Thread: New Scenic
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Hi Folks,

I have a Scenic II purchased new in march 2005, I like my Scenic even though I have had a lot of problems with mine a 1.6 Pivilege, I felt at the time of purchase it was the best all round package available & very good value I went for the Priv model as the extras fitted make quite a difference, The half wicker leather interior makes the interior very bright, Sliding centre storage holds a lot keeps everything hidden away + extra power point, Hands free is great, electric handbrake is good, A very comfortable vehicle good seat adjustment, Loads of storage space, Rides well on the road though it seems to vary on different models IE tyres/wheel sizes, The wiper sweep set up for a left hand drive is a minor fault but the wipers have a large sweep so it is not to noticeable, The quarter lights on pass & drivers door block the view of the mirrors in some weather conditions salt spray etc, Front fogs are useless, I would have preferred the handbrake button keycardholder to have swapped positions saves swapping hands of the steering, Their is some new players in the market place or due to be released since I purchased the Scenic so it is well worth having a look, But I'm sure Renault will have the edge on pricing to retain market share their is an imminent face lift for the Scenic II similar to the New Megane some spec changes etc, Overall I like my Scenic II I get on average 43 mpg witch I feel is very good, I had an extended test drive of a Corrolla Verso 1.8 over 500 miles could not better 31 mpg. The Touran was a good drive but very little kit & noisy very dull interior, C max was a good drive but not as practical as the Scenic, Picasso very poor, Zaffira ( old model ) competent but just did not like it van like outside & in.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome