Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2007
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Kuldip,
At first I thought I have found a solution. But now after seeing your reply I am not so sure. It seems the car goes into 'limp mode'(with throttle control lost and revving around 2000 - 3000 by itself - just to take you home) is a common symptom for a multitude of problems. God knows which one we have.

But the problem you and I are having (and that of mzhao) have one more interesting thing in common - The fact that we have to drive a bit, then stop for a short while and then start to trigger this problem. It is not clear if trevstamf or any of the others in this thread have had this particular pattern. Could trevstamf please let us know if you have noticed this kind of behavior in your case? Anyone else who have seen this?

I am beginning to think may be buying a Renault Laguna is not such a smart decision after all!

But I am not going to give up on this car without a fight! I will let everyone know what the dealer says on Thursday.
Currently in samsam's garage:
Y reg Renault Laguna expression

Last edited by samsam; 4th December 2007 at 10:01 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome