Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - driver door lock

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
cracked wiring

Hi Nigel

Hmmm seams very strange so soon after the garage worked on it ( SOUND VERY NOT UNLIKE A PROBLEM I HAD ON MY LAST MOT) that you now have further problems but heres my thoughts

I feel in the long run (FOR YOU AND OTHERS) its time to eliminate these problem , strip back the internal vinyle padding between all doors on both sides to the vehicle (very sticky) at the same time remove all interior door panels and doorwell threshhold plastic covers plus front side panel internal footwell panels to expose all wiring whilst removing door panel check the steel wire connection rod are actually in the handle eyelets recheck this when you replace the panels check also that the eyelet is not broken with a piece missing ( poor design really ) remove the rubber tubing that houses all the wire that pass through them ( all wiring passing through here operate all electrical items in the doors) now that you have all wiring to both sides of the vehicle expose check all very carefully for breaks and cracks, the wiring tends to get hard and brittle ) if found you know the rest , if not it only leaves the motors either door locks, or window winder, which if you have a spare try connecting it first to the wiring harness once the internal door panel is removed and before you do any internal stripping, just might be save a lot of time really.

THE ONLY OTHER THING IS CHECK ALL FUSES, ( and if there are any empty fuse holders) Here is a very good reason for checking first .

MY VEHICLE FAILED IT MOT ON MY BREAKDOWN FLASHING LIGHTS about a month earlier my wing mirrors suddenly failed to work( but i knew they worked as i had only a short time earlier had to adjust them when somebody in a car park brushed heavily against one , i wasnt to worried about it as they were ok after i had adjusted them into the position they were in , now this was before my espace had to go into the garage for a new clutch and gearbox leak , now that my car had failed it's MOT I checked all fuses several times ignoring the empty fuse holders thinking this was normal in the end i couldnt find what the problem was with my breakdown flasher s was, But was getting desperate as time was running out or i had to get a retest so had to call an electrical motor mechanic to sort the problem, five minutes later he soon found what it was , both the breakdown flashers and the wing mirrors were on the same fuse, the fuse holder which now was mysteriously empty ill leave you to draw you conclusions as to what happened to it ????????????????. HOW OFTEN DO WE CHECK BREAKDOWN FLASHERS ??????????????.

Hope this will be of some help to you and maybe other good luck keep me posted kind regards martin
Currently in mjmpropman's garage:
1994 espace turbo deisel 2.1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome