Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio - Sunroof Leak

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Re the outlets Nigel, the front outlets on my Lag are at the rear of the front wheel arch a few inches up in the centre. I have attached a picture below, which isn't very clear I'm afraid.

The rear ones are hidden behind the rear bumper somewhere I believe. I think they run flush with the outer rear edge of the wheel arch.

The best thing to do to check if the drainholes are blocked first is to see if any water appears from them. You'll have to do this on a dry day. To test the front ones are clear park facing down a hill, open the sunroof and pour a small amount of water into the sunroof sill, you should then see some water appear from around the front wheel arches somewhere, if it does then you've a) not got blocked drainholes and b) found where the exits are.

Obviously vica versa to test the rear drainholes.

Just remember that I have a Laguna and you're asking about a Clio so the positioning of things may well be different.

Just out of interest, where is the water in the car 'puddling'?

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R

Last edited by scatz; 5th December 2007 at 03:43 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome