Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio mk2 ph2 immobiliser

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cheers musineer !!

I used this procedure with the bypass code on my 96/97 Scenic, and it works great!

I had an intermitant fault with the central locking / immobiliser. On damp days, sometimes it wouldn't respond to the key fob, (leaving me immobilised).
I spoke to a few fob replacement people after doing a google search, and it turns out the fuse box on megane's and scenics are prone to corrosion, and the fault i had was one of the symtoms. The fuse box controls most of the electics in the car (indicators, wipers, tacho, speedo, etc).
So i thought i'd better start researching into it, found the software to generate the code. And using the procedure musineer has written, i now wont be left stranded when it fails again. In the meantime i intend to try to open the fuse box and clean it up along with any other connections i can find around there.

Damp is the cause, the scenic suffers the most apparantly, probably due to the twin sunroof leaking twice as much as normall!! ( blocked drain holes mostly cause the sunroof leaks )
Currently in mannie's garage:
R19 1.4

Last edited by mannie; 5th December 2007 at 10:04 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome