Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 52 reg 1.2 clio battery / starting problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
52 reg 1.2 clio battery / starting problem

hey there, ive recently bought a 52plate clio extreme and im constantly having problems with the electrics.

Recently i had to take the nut off the positive terminal in the battery, when i did so the nut fell and disappeared never to be seen again. The resulting problem is that the car seemed to think that the battery had been disconnected and no other nut i use on the terminal seems to conduct the current. I cannot find a nut exactly the same anywhere and without it my car wont start, i used a washer temporarily and the car actually started and ran for the day but the nice shiny washer became dark and rusty (guessing it couldnt handle the current) and now that wont work.
I find it hard to believe that a car wont start due to me not having a paticular nut connecting the leads to the battery.. could there be any other problems that i may have missed out or is it really due to the nut? and are there any resolutions to this problem.

When i go to start the car with a standard nut or a washer on the battery now theres a clicking noise followed by a deep rumbling noise, either this or it attempts to start but no attempts seem to even reach the engine.

Currently in ozoman's garage:
52 reg Clio extreme 1.2

Last edited by ozoman; 6th December 2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: more info
  5 Lastest Threads by ozoman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
52 reg 1.2 clio battery / starting problem Electronics 4 978 6th December 2007 04:49 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome