Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Removing Heated Screen Switch

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 6th December 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi madnoel, I am presuming that there is two circuits to the screen (one for each side) and that one switch triggers the two relays that are mounted under the plastic panel in front of the screen. The Haynes circuit diagram only shows one relay and no switch!

What a wonderful location for high amperage!!!!!!! When I pulled the relays out the sockets were full of water, as were the connectors to the cables which go to the screen. No wonder every fuse melted as soon as it was put in.

Once I had dried it all out to the point I could put a fuse in without blowing I found that one relay socket was constantly live on the power side and the other was constantly live on the trigger (switch) side.

The switch seems to operate, with the warning light coming on and going off, but I need to go back to basics to see if the switch is faulty or if the wiring has shorted.

Because time was running out (it was getting dark) I just put it all back together until I had more time and information.
Currently in Gasjunkie's garage:
Renault Laguna Executive 3.0l 24V V6 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome