Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Elec Sunroof going crazy!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II Elec Sunroof going crazy!

I have a 2001 Laguna II with electric sunroof. Recently in the cold winter, every few weeks the sunroof opens on its own while I am driving. I then fiddle about with the controls, opening and closing it until it closes. A little annoying.

Last night, the sunroof opened and refused to close. I opened it all the way numerous times then tried closing it to no avail. Finally I gave up and left it at the lowest tilt setting (which works, but closing doesn't when its open!).

This morning I tried again (although it was raining, luckily water can't get through). I put in the card and turned the dial to O to close the sunroof, which magically worked!

This is the first time I had to leave the sunroof open, and the time wasted ticked me off a bit.

1. Why didn't it work last night? The sunroof track looks clean, but is there a special way/place to clean it?

2. Also if the sunroof refuses to close, is there any way of closing it? I notice the dial can be pressed as well - does this do anything?

3. Finally, can I just remove the fuse for the sunroof? I had a look at the fuses in the driver cabin and there seem to be two for the electric windows, but I can't see a separate one for the sunroof. Can this be done?
Currently in mitul1983's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.6 Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by mitul1983
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Programming a new motorised throttle body Electronics mord 1 4702 8th June 2011 10:21 AM
Laguna II Phase 1: Battery has gone flat (but... Electronics markandjan 5 1771 3rd January 2007 10:33 PM
Laguna II Phase 1: Getting at the third brake... Electronics laguna1.9dcipriviledge 2 1374 12th June 2006 10:19 PM
Laguna II Elec Sunroof going crazy! Electronics mitul1983 5 1905 22nd February 2006 11:29 AM
Brake Fluid Wheels & tyres 9 3110 20th December 2005 06:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome