Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio mk2 ph2 immobiliser

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Glad to be of help Mannie. Useful site isn't it?

Working from home I find I don't drive much -- my 'commute' is now merely an amble to another room. I drove about 2000 miles last car year and am averaging about 35 a week this year.

This, combined with a general lack of funds and an aversion to spending what I have, has meant I've decided to see how long the button trick will work (the guy I bought the code from suggested it was only temporary: 10 uses, or 100 miles, or some such). It's now early December and I've lost count of how many times I've started the car via this method.

I've got about 10 minutes from locking the car until the immobiliser kicks in, so petrol refills are ok but a spree at a supermarket means I have to re-enter the code. I imagine this would get irksome were I to use the car daily, but I find short stops (post office, bank, etc) take less than 10 min these days!). Immobilising the immboliser would bother my insurers.

I will check the fusebox, though I fear in my case it's a defunct circuit and it'll be a few hundred quid to solve properly.
Currently in musineer's garage:
1996 Laguna MK 1, 2.0 RTI

Last edited by musineer; 7th December 2007 at 02:13 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome